Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At Child & Family Center, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the core of our mission. We are committed to these principles across all our work, with each other, and in the communities we serve.
We’re infusing the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging throughout our internal culture, programs, and practices. While doing so is a responsibility shared by all staff, we have also created a Cultural Awareness Team to help us think in a more focused and intentional way about how we advance diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging with our workforce and across our programs and services. Our Board of Directors is also committed to advancing our practices in listening to and recognizing people as individuals.
What are we doing to support diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in our daily lives?
Strengthening diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging is an ongoing process. Our work in these areas continues to evolve and grow. We have taken a number of concrete steps to infuse this into our workplace and clinical programs. For example:
- Agency-wide plan for diversity, equity, and inclusion that affects policies, practices, and procedures
- Annual assessment by staff about how well we are achieving our goals related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Recruiting and Hiring Practices
- Blind hiring – Human Resources redacts resumes of information which could disclose the candidate’s age, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, or schools attended to reduce any potential unconscious bias of hiring Supervisors.
- All hiring Supervisors and Managers use structured interview questions, so all candidates engage in the same interview process.
- We offer pay differentials for bilingual staff providing direct service care.
- We ensure pay scales for each position to ensure fair and equal pay for all staff.
Employee Resource Groups
- Cultural Awareness Team
- Bilingual Services Workgroup
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Reading Club
Training & Operations
- LGBTQ+ affirmative care provider training
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in healthcare
- Cultural competency training
- Inclusive Agency Policies
- All clinical forms, policies and consent forms presented in English and Spanish
- Bilingual staff and interpretation services
- Staff diversity, equity, and inclusion resources
- Active social media presence highlighting a diversity of cultural practices and celebrations throughout the year
How We Provide Care
- Our main campus has gender-neutral restrooms
- Parenting Groups
- Groups in English and Spanish
- Community-based LGBTQ+ education
- Women-only substance use recovery groups
- We collect pronouns during intake Read more about pronouns here.
- Let your provider know if you are LGBTQIA2S+. We welcome the conversation. DO ASK DO TELL.